Friday, June 27, 2008

Change Is Good


One if the most common challenges in Marketing and Business is managing change. I recently had a change that when I learned of it, I was concerned. But a friend and coworker of mine (we all need more than one mentor, I'll blog about that sometime) helped me realize I was being negative which was contrary to a goal I had set for myself that she didn't know of. I am very grateful to her for that heart-to-heart talk.

Napoleon Hill in Think and Grow Rich! says that with every event we first see as negative, there is a positive waiting to be found. My friend reminded me about this, so I read that part again. I've been working for about a year as an Instructional Designer for Omni Business Solutions designing what we teach people. Omni is a training company that teaches Internet Marketing. The change in my role here is that now I am one of the trainers again, meaning I work directly with our clients in teaching them how to make successful websites. It turns out that I am having the time of my life. I learned so much over the last year (as one always does when you teach or create educational materials) that I am becoming a better trainer, and a better designer of educational materials as well. I love the immediate feedback and the gratitude expressed when you are able to make a difference in someone's business.

No comments: