Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This is an email from one of my mentors. We read the book, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, and these are his thoughts about the last chapter.

"Fear is the most insidious of all emotions. I like
the way Dr. Hill put it: "Indecision is the seedling
of fear." Indecision gives birth to doubt and doubt
manifests itself as fear. When fear sets in, it will
paralyze you. I know that it did me.

I used to be captive to all the fears (at least more
so than I am today) that Dr. Hill mentioned. I feared
poverty, criticism, ill health, loss of love, old age
and the biggest fear of all: Death.

When I was young, money was always tight in the family.
I always heard Dad or Mom say that we didn't have
enough. My Dad worked two jobs just to make ends meet.

As I grew and entered adulthood the fear of lack grew
with me. I thought that just making ends meet was
normal or maybe just the curse of our family. To make
matters worse, I bought into the religious philosophy
of poverty being a virtue.

I came to believe that riches were "of the devil" and
I should not seek riches or wealth but be "content"
with what I had.

Every time I attempted to do something to gain wealth
the religious beliefs, that I held, stopped me. I
always wanted to make a go of network marketing because
I knew that was a great vehicle to gain wealth and
financial freedom.

My aunt and uncle were in network marketing and they
seemed to always have money, nice homes and cars.

However, I never could follow though with my desires
because of the lingering fear that wealth was some
thing bad. Thus I remained broke and unfulfilled.

By God's mercy, about 3 years ago a chain of events
took place that changed my life forever! I believe
it was God working "all things together for good."
Sandy and I became quite tight financially.

I was making good money, but no matter how much I
made, it seemed to disappear. Actually, for a college
drop out, I was doing VERY well, but my pockets had
holes.

Now I understand what the "hole" was; it was the Fear
of Lack. The fear of lack kept me in lack. I began
seeking the Lord for the way. Eventually I was intro
duced to Mike Murdock and that lead to many other
teachers and writers on the subject of wealth and
abundance.

I began a quest to study wealth from both the Biblical
and secular perspective. My studies began to open my
eyes, big time.

God is rich and abundant.Lack isnt in His comprehension.

Everything He touches produces MORE.He touched 5 loaves
and 2 fish and ended up feeding over 5,000 people! He
came that we would have life and have is MORE ABUNDANTLY

He touched a withered hand and it became whole. The
dead were raised and the blind saw. Why, because
He know no lack. So why was I buying into being
broke as the "way it should be" philosophy?

What can a "broke" person do to augment their own
life or the life of another?

I am come to realize, for me, that it is okay to
gain wealth.Even the Bible says that God gives us
power to gain wealth. For the first time in my
entire 53 years I am free from this fear...the fear
of poverty.

I have an abundant Source within me who WANTS me
to be wealthy and share my wealth with others.
Abundance is from God and is limitless and He want
be to enjoy all the riches He has for me.

With this freedom came the freedom from criticism.
Man, was I living in that! I was always concerned
about what "they" thought of me.I always wanted to
make a "good impression." I never wanted to be
considered a "failure" or "money lover" or anything
like that. But NO MORE!

Today I am learning to not be concerned about what
others think of me. What's important is what God
thinks of me and what I think of me. I know God
thinks I am awesome, so why should I feel any
different than He does?

If people want to judge, have at it; it only hurts
them and not me. Yes, this fear creeps in every now
and then, but now I have the knowledge of what it is
and bid it farewell.

Ill health was somewhat a fear of mine. I would
worry that I had some fatal disease whenever I had
an ache or pain that I never had before.

However, since my study of the mind-body connection
and the knowledge of the power of thoughts I exercise
to keep my mind off all thoughts of ill health and on
thoughts of good health.

I don't complain or mention my aches and pains.I just
thank God for the health I do have and move on.
Eventually, when I stop pay attention to those aches
and pains, and exaggerate them by doing so, I find I
am able to go on with little difficulty.

Because of time, I won't discuss my experience of
the other Big Fears. I do experience them, but I
have endeavored to deal with them in the same fashion,
take my focus off of that thing I fear and focus on
the things I want.

Instead of worrying about the loss of a loved one,
I cherish them. Instead of fearing old age, I live
life to the fullest and laugh a lot! As for death,
no fear there because I believe in the One who over
came death that I could live forever.

The mental cleanse has been a great experience. It
is teaching me to do what MFF is all about: Learn
HOW to think; not WHAT to think. It is blessing to
all of us that you have provided this system for
us and for that I am grateful to you and Linda,
who has sacrificed so much that others could
begin to experience freedom from these 6 big fears."

Michael Puskas

No comments: